Instructions for Melody's Travel Journal

Before Melody's visit with you ends, fill out the Travel Log Form, and upload a photo of her visit. You will need the unique code on the back of your Melody to complete this form. Your travel log entry will create a blog post on Melody’s Travel Journal, so be sure you only include information you wish others to view publicly. Use this opportunity to connect with other participants on the blog by adding your twitter handle, or blog/website URL to your travel journal post. You may also want to link to any historical sites Melody visited to help others learn about your area. You can fill out this form more than once.

May 9, 2014

Melody in Dublin, Ohio

Dublin Scioto ELL
Dublin Scioto High School
United States
Dublin, Ohio
(Melody #012A1113)
May 9, 2014

Hello, world! Melody has spent the past week with ELL students in Dublin, Ohio! We read Sharon Draper’s Out of My Mind this fall as part of the Global Read Aloud, and we all loved it! It is one of the best books we have ever read. We admire Melody’s strength and persistence, and we hope the book teaches people to be kinder to students with disabilities. We also think it reminds us not to judge people by how they look. While Melody stayed with us this week, we wrote this document collaboratively!

Who are we?
We are English Language Learners in grades 9-12 at Dublin Scioto High School! We come from all around the world. Everyone in our class speaks at least two languages. Here are just a few examples of the diversity of our class:
  • I am Medo, I came from Egypt, I have been in America 9 months. I came to the ELL, we are one family, sharing everything between us, when I came, everybody said you are welcome to the class.
  • Hi my name is Victor I’m from Dominican republic i have been in america for 2 and a half year.
  • Im Mahdi, im from Kuwait, i have been in U.S. for about 3 years. Im junior
  • Hi my name is Emma I am from Mexico I have been in the U.S. for like 10 year.
  • Hi my name is Yohei I’m from Japan I have been in the U.S for 5 month. I’m freshman.
  • Hi my name is Maria and I am from Mexico. I have lived in the U.S about 8 Years.
  • Hi! I’m Satsuki. I’ve been living here for 3 years. But I am going back to Japan in a month, right after graduation from Scioto High School.
  • Hi my name is Saki. I came from Japan. I have been in the America for 1 year.
  • Hi my name is vladimir I from Russia I have been live here in U.S about 8 years.

Our ELL class:
We are all students in Mrs. Mitchell’s ELL English classes!
  • our class ell is something take care of you and make you happy as possible as he could, always bring student from so a lot of country.
  • ELL is like you are in elementary school lol they help you with everything you need homework, tests, project, everything and they care about you as one of the family.
  • ELL class is one place it’s comfortable to stay.
  • ELL class is very helpful and comfortable to work especially with the help of the teachers.
Our school: Dublin Scioto High School
  • I think our school is the best school ever I had ever watch, it's something pretty cool, I never watch a school with a mix grade in class and that's never happen in my old school or another school
  • our school is one of the best schools :) because we have ELL and we teach student who are they (special need) and we have good player at sports ^^

How would Melody feel at our school?
  • she will feel happy because there will be a teacher take care of and make her feel normal, and there is going to be a mean students to her or somebody tell her something, get her sad or mad, because we do have one in our school but without Medi-Talker, so she will be happy. I am pretty sure
  • I think she would feel welcomed because everyone is very nice here and no one judges anyone.
  • She will feel very happy, because our school going to care of her
  • she will feel like any normal student since she want to, because we don’t have any different between normal and special needs student.
  • Melody makes us feel good she makes me feel like im someone important and we also treat her like a normal person it doesn’t matter if you have phyical problem or mental problems what matters is that we all don’t treat each other bad no one bullyes melody but theres one girl she’s mean and she hates melody because melody is smarter than her

Where is Dublin Scioto High School? (Hint: It’s not in Ireland!)
We live in Dublin, Ohio, which is a suburb of Columbus.
  • ohio is a very quiet state, the weather is confusing, but it's very cool Ohio has cool restaurant’s and, malls for shopping and park’s it's pretty cool to live here.
  • Ohio has cold winter. And ohio has lots of farm on the western part of ohio. Ohio has many different countries people.
  • Oho is one of the best state in the United States because we are a big fan of sports special football and baseball its really cool to live here there are a lot of animals here a bunch of birds and other cool animals. is really cold in ohio and there is a lot of snow too but on the summer is so hot like a furnace like the sun is right next to you thats why i like ohio but the bad thing is that ohio doesn’t have a beach.

Sincerely,

Mrs. Mitchell’s ELL students
Twitter: @sciotoELL


No comments:

Post a Comment